Dr Pallavi Bujarbaruah is a highly qualified, kind, and compassionate Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist based in Guildford, Surrey. Dr Bujarbaruah currently works in the NHS as a Consultant Child Psychiatrist and within the Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust as an Adolescent Psychiatrist.
Dr Bujarbaruah completed her core training in Psychiatry under the Oxford Training Programme. She then undertook her higher specialist training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in London under the St. George’s and South West London Training Programme.
This extensive training formed the basis of her client centred care. Her time in these highly prestigious training schemes developed her holistic approach to mental health and the emotional well-being of the young people involved and their families.
Dr Bujarbaruah was awarded the Membership of The Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) in 2011. She is on the General Medical Council Specialist Register as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
Dr Bujarbaruah has a wide experience in teaching. Skilled using different teaching models, she has delivered lectures to different groups of professionals with multiple learning objectives. She has regularly taught Psychiatry trainees in the MRCPsych course, South West London, St George’s NHS Trust. She also has experience in management.
Dr Bujarbaruah is actively involved in the National Quality Improvement Management Project within the NHS.
Furthermore, she has facilitated workshops promoting communications skills for trainees in Psychiatry as part of the Oxford Training Programme. She facilitated the CASC workshops, part of the MRCPsych Examination Course, St. George’s and South West London NHS Trust and received excellent feedback. Dr Bujarbaruah is a clinical supervisor of trainees and remains involved in regular medical student teaching and training.
Dr Bujarbaruah is experienced in assessing, diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental health and psychiatric disorders and neurodevelopmental conditions affecting children and young people including:
- Depressive illnesses
- Self Harm
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Emotional Dysregulation difficulties
- Self esteem difficulties
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Psychotic illnesses
- Autism related problems
- Stress and more.
Dr Bujarbaruah follows the NICE Guidelines and embraces the bio-psycho-social care model.
An evidence-based approach to treatment and recovery is applied, truly relevant to the young person and their family to ensure all members involved are equally informed of the treatment.
Qualifications & Accreditations, Memberships
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (GMC)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Approved Clinician and S12 (2) doctor within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Professional Development Peer Group.
- Continuing Professional Development with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB BS)
- General Medical Council (GMC) – Full Registration
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH)
- Initial assessment, including clinical letter (up to 90 mins) – Fees £450
- Follow – up consultations ( up to 60 mins) – Fees £300
- Follow – up consultations (30 mins) – Fees £160
- Payment has to be made on the day of your appointment: Cash, cheque, and bank transfer are accepted.
- There is no additional fee if a prescription is issued within your appointment.
- Dr Bujarbaruah accepts self-funding patients.
- Please note: If you are not insured with the above insurers, your appointments will require self-funding.
Appointments can be made by phone or email contacting Dr Bujarbaruah directly. Clients can self refer or seek referral from their GP, school, or other healthcare professionals. Dr Bujarbaruah will assess each referral individually.
When enquiring about your appointment, Dr Bujarbaruah may need to call you to confirm more detail before your consultation. This telephone conversation (up to 10 mins) is free of charge and is designed to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed with the consultation process. It is not designed to replace a consultation.
The initial assessment appointment can take upto 90 minutes. You will receive an outcome/clinical letter following your appointment.
Healthcare insurance provider: Vitality Health and Aviva
Appointments missed without 48 hours notice will incur the full session fee.