Dr Pallavi Bujarbaruah is a highly qualified, kind, and compassionate Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist based in Guildford, Surrey. She currently works in the NHS as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and within the Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
Dr Bujarbaruah completed her core training in Psychiatry under the Oxford Training Programme. She then undertook her higher specialist training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in London under the St. George’s and South West London Training Programme.
This extensive training formed the basis of her client-centred care. Her time in these highly prestigious training schemes developed her holistic approach to mental health and the emotional well-being of the young people involved and their families.
In 2011, Dr Bujarbaruah was awarded the Membership of The Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych). She is registered as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist on the General Medical Council Specialist Register.
Dr Bujarbaruah is highly experienced in teaching. In the past, she facilitated different teaching models and also delivered lectures to groups of professionals with diverse learning objectives. Dr Bujarbaruah regularly taught psychiatry trainees in the MRCPsych course, South West London, St George’s NHS Trust. Dr Bujarbaruah stays actively involved in the National Quality Improvement Management Project within the NHS.
Furthermore, she facilitated workshops promoting communication skills for trainees in Psychiatry as part of the Oxford Training Programme. She gave the CASC workshops with excellent feedback as part of the MRCPsych Examination Course, St. George’s and South West London NHS Trust. Dr Bujarbaruah is a clinical supervisor of trainees. She remains involved in regular medical student teaching and training.
Dr Bujarbaruah has a number of years of experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental health, psychiatric disorders and neurodevelopmental conditions affecting children and young people including:
- Depressive illnesses
- Self Harm
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Emotional Dysregulation difficulties
- Self-esteem difficulties
- Stress and more.
Dr Bujarbaruah follows the NICE Guidelines and embraces the bio-psycho-social care model.
Her approach to treatment and recovery is evidence-based. This is truly relevant to the young person and their family and ensures that all members are involved and fully informed of the treatment.
Qualifications & Accreditations, Memberships
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB BS)
- General Medical Council (GMC) – Full Registration
- Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (GMC)
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Approved Clinician and S12 (2) doctor within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Professional Development Peer Group.
- Continuing Professional Development with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH)
- Initial Assessment – (up to 75 mins) and includes clinical letter/report with treatment plan/recommendations and a private prescription if required – £450
- Follow-up consultations ( up to 60 mins) – £300
- Follow-up consultations (up to 30 mins) – £190
- Repeat prescriptions (via first class post) – £35
- Payment options: Bank transfer, cash and cheque are accepted. Bank transfer within 2-3 days of invoice.
- Dr Bujarbaruah accepts self-funding patients.
To book an appointment please phone or email Dr Bujarbaruah directly. Clients can self-refer or seek a referral from their GP, their school, or other healthcare professionals. Dr Bujarbaruah will assess each referral individually.
When enquiring about your appointment, Dr Bujarbaruah may need to call you to confirm more detail before your consultation. This telephone conversation (up to 10 mins) is free of charge. The conversation aims to confirm that it is indeed appropriate to proceed with the consultation process and does not replace a consultation.
Healthcare insurance providers: Vitality Health and Aviva
Please note: If you are not insured with the above insurers, your appointments will require self-funding.
Appointments missed without 48 hours notice will incur the full session fee.